Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wedding and Monet's Garden

Friday May 7th was the day when my aunt got married. I was obviously there. It took place at the Swedish Embassy, in Paris. After the ceremony, we took a walk through Invalides to get to Champ de Mars, a big park by the Eiffel Tower. We had a big picnic there for lunch, and we had bought all the food because we live here.

After the picnic, we split up. My younger cousins, my grandparents and me and my brother and my Dad and my Mom went to a merry-go-round and the others went to the Eiffel tower. After the merry-go-round, we went to an RER C station to Gare d'Austerlitz and took the metro to Bastille and went to a fancy restaurant called "Bofinger" while the others walked there. We stayed at Bofinger for about 4 hours, and when we got back home it was midnight.

The next week, we rented a car since we didn't have school on Thursday and Friday. On Thursday we took the car to Monet's Garden in Giverny. It was ENORMOUS and the flowers were amazing. It's a little hard to explain what it looks like, so maybe some of my pictures can help:








 By the pond, there was a lot of bamboo.
 I would call it the "Bamboo forest"




Can you see the impression my camera made?
The Japanese bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Imogen said...

I have spent many happy hours here when spending the Summer in Normandy, and coincidentally, I've been talking about Monet and Giverny in French classes at S-K this month! Have you received a large envelope full of notes and letters from your friends at S-K yet?

Imogen

Johanna said...

Yes, I've received the envelope.
Thanks!